Hi! I'm trying to develop an interface of a plugin and I would like to use a rectangular gimp preview widget. Despite I've been looking over the documentation of this class and the parents in GTK+ the widgets is always square.

In the code of gimppreview at gimp_preview_init i've find this:

if (gtk_widget_get_direction (GTK_WIDGET (preview)) == GTK_TEXT_DIR_RTL)
    xalign = 1.0;

  preview->frame = gtk_aspect_frame_new (NULL, xalign, 0.0, 1.0, TRUE);
gtk_frame_set_shadow_type (GTK_FRAME (preview->frame), GTK_SHADOW_NONE); gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (preview), preview->frame, TRUE, TRUE, 0);
  gtk_widget_show (preview->frame);

Can I access to "preview->frame" from the plugin and change the aspect of the preview widget? Is there any way of doing this from another way?