> Can I access to "preview->frame" from the plugin and change the
> aspect of the preview widget? Is there any way of doing this from
> another way?

It depends on what you are planning to do (and why).

From my point of view, I would simply use the GimpZoomPreview widget.
This would adopt to the images aspect ratio and you can also see the
whole image with it as well as zoom into a specific subregion.

If you just want the aspect ratio to be the same, you could look at the code
for the zoom-preview widget and see how it does that trick.