On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 21:33 +0300, Cristian Secară wrote:
> While translating I observed that the string
> Show _preview in image window
> does not show the underlining under the "p" letter, inspite of the fact
> that the accelerator actually works.
> Happens the same in the translated string, if on same letter "p".
> However, if I move the accelerator to a shorter letter ("r" for
> example), then the underline appears, very close to the letter.
> I'm on Win32.

First of all this is a bug in the Win32 backend of GTK+. The underline
is shown correctly on Linux systems. You may want to make sure that this
problem is reported in the gtk+ bug-tracker.

But of course glyphs with descenders should in general be avoided as
mnemonic characters. I have changed the code in trunk accordingly.