I was asked to bring this issue to the ML instead of discussing it
on bugzilla so here we go.

  Original post:

Please, provide transparent color or in other words -- treat
transparency _also_ as a color.

I know GIMP has alpha channel and it provides transparency. However it
is artificial for me that you have colors and then you have distinct
entity -- transparency. It would be useful (and _intuitive_) to have
black color, white color, ... and transparent "color", so user could
pick up color dialog, choose transparent and paint/draw with

Such metaphor is more accurate to real world and thus more appealing
to weekend artist (who would like to do some things in simple

Kind regards,