Brendan ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote (in part)  (on 2008-10-01 at
18:33):
>released version 2.6.0 of the GNU Image
>
>Manipulation Program. The changes from version 2.4 are best described in
>
>the release notes on http://gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.6.html

In those notes it says:
>Minor Changes : Added support for using online help instead of a
locally installed GIMP Help package.

I installed the Windows 2.6.0 build gimp-2.6.0-i686-setup-1.exe, ran it,
closed it then installed gimp-help-2-2.4.0-eng-setup.exe (it identified
the location I had put GIMP 2.6)

In Preferences I set:
Help system to "user manual: Use locally installed copy" (text below
says "There's a local installation of the user manual" and
Help browser to use: Gimp help browser.

If I click on the [Help] button on the preferences pane (or any where
else attempt [F1] or Shift+F1) I get popup warning:
> The GIMP help browser plug-in appears to be missing from your
installation.
> You may instead use the web browser for reading the help pages.

Clicking [Use Web Browser] changes parameter "Help browser to use:" to
"Web browser" but does NOT open anything in my default browser (Portable
Firefox 3)

I assume this is user-setup-error and would normally request help in
gimp-users or gimpwin-users but since release is so recent thought I'd
ask here.

--
Regards ... Alec   ([EMAIL PROTECTED] & WinLiveMess - [EMAIL PROTECTED])