I have been developing a plugin that involves users editing files and I need
to be able to prompt them to save when the gimp closes.

I have tried using the quit signal in pluginInfo:

GimpPlugInInfo PLUG_IN_INFO =
{
  NULL,
  quit,
  query,
  run
};

This only seems to be called, however, when the plugin closes and not the
gimp.
(It is a GTK plugin with it's own window like script-fu, I get the signal
when I close the plugin window, but if the user closes the gimp I have no
way to clean up.)

Is this a bug or is my understanding of what this callback is supposed to do
flawed?
Is there another way to do what I am trying to accomplish?

Thank you for your time,
   Soren Berg