Hi, I wasn't sure who to contact, so I joined this list in the hopes I could
reach some developers.

I'll try to keep this succinct.

I recently switched to Ubuntu and Gimp with great excitement, finally free of
Satan's Empire! But my happiness was short lived because it turns out my
ability to use Gimp, and therefore Ubuntu, hinged on a seemingly minor glitch-
no text box with word wrap.

I do simple graphic design- mostly ads for local businesses- usually with text.
In order to play with a body of text, changing fonts and sizes, etc, you have
to have a text box... hitting enter might work for one line, but formatting a
paragraph like that would take... well, longer than booting up Windows and
getting into Photoshop.

I'm in and out of Photoshop all the time, so booting Windows just to use it
doesn't really work for me- so I just use Windows, which means I'm not using
Ubuntu, all because Gimp doesn't have this feature.

So that's my story. If I had my way I would never use Windows or Photoshop
again- Adobe ruined Seattle's coolest neighborhood, after all, and Microsoft
ruined, well, everything else.

So I hope this gets read by someone who has some ability to make text boxes a
feature in future releases.