On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Eduardo Barijan
<eduwb.horizo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/29, Chris Mohler <cr33...@gmail.com>:
>> > Save early, save often - and if in doubt, save a copy ;)  Personally,
>> > I would turn off the auto-save feature if it was an option: I don't
>> > want to automatically save a huge image every X minutes - just my
>> > opinion.
> Hm... yes, auto-save huge images isnt so nice. But it would help cause the
> crashes I experience here.

I don't use GIMP on windows very much at all, but I do use it often on
linux - either way it does not crash very often...

>> > I just tested adding colors to a palette and closing GIMP (current
>> > SVN)  - it saved them for me, and the new colors were available when I
>> > restarted GIMP.  What version/OS are you using?
> I am using Windows and gimp version 2.6.3 final version. So how to add and
> save palletes then?

I just tested again with XP and GIMP 2.6.6 - there have been some bug
fixes between 2.6.3 and 2.6.6, so you should probably upgrade and see
if it fixes your crashing problems and also saves your palettes...