On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Eduardo Barijan
<eduwb.horizo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Gimp coders!
> I was thinking about 2 new features that would help a lot.
>
> 1 - the auto-save job. When you`re working and gimp crashes, your work is
> lost =x. If not a auto-save, a .bak file that you can save as xcf for
> recover work should be fine too.

Save early, save often - and if in doubt, save a copy ;)  Personally,
I would turn off the auto-save feature if it was an option: I don't
want to automatically save a huge image every X minutes - just my
opinion.

> 2 - An option to save custom collor palettes. Yes, sometimes you are working
> on a big draw. Then when you finish a bit of the work and closes gimp, the
> color pallete you were working is lost. And it is very boring to keep note
> of any hexa code for colors.

I just tested adding colors to a palette and closing GIMP (current
SVN)  - it saved them for me, and the new colors were available when I
restarted GIMP.  What version/OS are you using?

Chris