On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 6:55 AM, peter sikking <pe...@mmiworks.net> wrote:

> I have big apprehensions that a machine script need to touch the
> users' undo history. I would like to know from David Hodson what
> he is trying to achieve manipulating the undo stack.

I have some doubts myself about the value of undo in scripts.  The case is much
stronger for plug-ins -- there are lots of them where you could get a cleaner
usage path by allowing users to try something and then undo it within the
plug-in, instead of having to undo in gimp and then run the plug-in over again
for every variation.  And because they both use the same PDB, plug-ins and
scripts go together:  having access to undo within one means having
it in the other.

  -- Bill