Sven Neumann writes:
> On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 10:18 -0700, Akkana Peck wrote:
> > I need to show the dialogs because the plug-in needs to save a
> > file (that's the whole point of the plug-in) and it seems like
> > bad UI to pop up the JPEG save dialog without ever showing the
> > user where the file is being saved, or offering them a chance
> > to save it somewhere else.
>
> Then please add a sane user interface to your plug-in and pop up a
> file-chooser. The PDB was designed to allow plug-ins and scripts to call
> procedures in GIMP, not to pop up specific user interface elements. It
> is totally not suited for this kind of usage.

I'm confused -- you say I should pop up a file chooser, then you
say that's not what the PDB is for. Is there a non-PDB way to do
this from a plug-in?

Popping up a file chooser is exactly what I'm trying to do.
But I'd ideally like it to be the gimp file chooser with the image
file types, not a generic GTK file chooser (just for consistency,
because the GIMP dialog is what the user expects to see elsewhere
in gimp). That's why I was asking for an API to do that.

        ...Akkana