On the GIMP-USER list....
On 03/09/2010 03:02 PM, Brendan wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 March 2010, Sven Neumann wrote:
>> On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 14:49 -0500, Jay Smith wrote:
>>> The Color > Curves dialog has the black in the lower left corner
>>> and the white in the upper right corner. This is the opposite of
>>> another program that I also have to use. Is there a way to
>>> reverse this default?
>> GIMP is Free Software. You are given the source code and the right
>> to modify it according to your needs.
> Oh, Sven, how users love your answers.
> To the OP: no, there is no option to switch it. You would have to
> change the source code and recompile.

The above exchange occurred today on the Gimp-User list.

I am posting here for discussion prior to posting an Enhancement
Suggestion on Bugzilla.

For a future version, I wish to propose adding the ability to reverse
the direction of the black/white in the Curves dialog.  A toggle button.

Given that Gimp has such a great feature for storing past Curves
adjustments, I am concerned that the toggle state would need to be added
to that information storage.

Does anybody other than me think that it would be a useful feature to
add the ability to reverse the Curves black/white direction?