On 04/21/2010 11:45 PM, Oliver Bandel wrote:
> Zitat von "Martin Nordholts"<ense...@gmail.com>:
>
>> On 04/21/2010 01:58 PM, Oliver Bandel wrote:
>>> Even only temporarily valies, if set to a certain value,
>>> like 0 or NULL, will help in finding problems.
>>
>> I agree, and I try to initialize all local variables that I either add
>> or modify the declaration of. I don't think it would be worth to commit
>> a patch that initializes all variables though
>

> Hmhhh...
>
> ...but the next time when you work on a function, you could just do
> that part too?

Only if I touch the variable declaration itself, not only the function.
Since GIMP aligns local variables, it isn't that uncommon that you touch
variable declarations you didn't add yourself.

> git blame?

Run it on a file in GIMP and you'll see what commit that last touched a
line. That is very helpful if you are uncertain why the code looks like
it does in a particular place. If the commiter did a good, job all you
have to do is to read the commit message for the commit that last
touched that place, and the intentions of the original programmer should
be clear(er).

  / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog: