2010/7/11 Alexia Death <alexiade...@gmail.com>:
> On Sunday, July 11, 2010 11:51:47 Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
>>
>> I'll try to explain (maybe I could try to record a short video showing
>> my work flow if my description is incomprehensible).
>> When I open a photo I look for areas where I know how the color should
>> look like. I usually look for neutrals (asphalt road, gray clothes)
>> first and put some sample point here. Then I add sample points other
>> places with known color like leaves. Then I open curves dialog and I
>> try to set the curves so the color color "matches theory". In other
>> words I try to match the curves so the neutrals are approximately
>> neutrals and eg. leaves mentioned contains most green and bit of red
>> but almost no blue. This is where the sample points are really useful
>> because I see the numbers for all selected places at the same time.
>
> Thanks for the explanation. Its a very interesting use of the sample points :)
> A video perhaps would bean overkill but I would like to see screenshots of
> before an after with some sample image, if its not too much of a bother.
>
> Best,
> Alexia

I made some images to show how I use sample points. Image [1] shows
initial setup and image without any corrections. Screenshot [2] shows
the image while working on it using curves and sample points. Image
[3] is the actual result, where I did correction on b in Lab
decomposed image to get rid of the blue shadows atop of the curves.

[1] http://blender6xx.ic.cz/pub/sample_points/screen_1.png
[2] http://blender6xx.ic.cz/pub/sample_points/screen_2.png
[3] http://blender6xx.ic.cz/pub/sample_points/_MG_1242-corrected.jpg

Lukas