>On Sunday, August 22, 2010 16:36:58 pjbw wrote:
>> I had been using GIMP 2.6.10 in XP Pro SP2. I have loaded pspi.exe.  I
>> needed to try a for me, essential *.8bf plugin 'Altostorm Rectilinear
>> Panorama Pro v1.3 which works in Photoshop CS2 and Paint Shop Pro 9.02. I
>> set the Preferences folder and as instructed, restarted GIMP.
>Im willing to bet you changed the existing path, instead of adding a new one.

>UI there is so darn confusing that I have done this myself a few  times. Just

>click the "New" button and add the gimp install plugin path back. All file
>loaders are plugins for GIMP.
>-- Alexia
Thank you Alexia,
Yours above worked but sadly in spite of trying everything ARPP will not run.
I tried Preferences/Folders/Plugins and Filters/Photoshop Plug-in Settings. On
GIMP loads OK and then Filters/Altostorm/RPP just returns 'bad parameters' so
I am afraid it is bye-bye GIMP.
However I notice that GIMP's interface is much improved since the last version
I tried - not near Paint Shop Pro but getting there!

pjbw (via www.gimpusers.com)