Hello,

I'm writing a plugin that takes a drawable as input for pixel values.
What kind of BPP can I expect? I'd say 4 and 3 are color layers with and
without alpha. Will I encounter 2 and 1 for grey-levels with and without
alpha, too? I can't find a way to create a layer in grey levels (or to
change an existing color one to grey levels). Am I overlooking the
obvious or would that only apply to layer masks?

I'm actually using the drawable pixels fro set the foreground color for
various operation (selection stroke and bucket fill). Is there a general
function to convert the pixel values betwen drawables of different
"depth"? or can I put in gimp_context_set_foreground() whatever I get
from gimp_drawable_get_pixel()?