On 09/23/10 06:53, Konstantin Svist wrote:
>    On 09/22/2010 09:05 PM, Abir Sadik wrote:
>> This is some really serious violation going on, and i hope someone
>> will do something about it. Some people who really dont know much
>> about opensource are actually buying from that seller, check his feedback.
>
> Wrong. Selling most open source software is perfectly legal, according
> to the licenses

@ Konstantin
WRONG: selling the software is not allowed as you would see from the
licence snip that you posted. A fee to cover the cost of distribution is
permitted. Not the same thing.

If this seller was showing a reasonable price for distribution of his CD
that would seem ligit but it is hard to see how you can AUCTION a
distribution fee.

@ Abir:
If you want "someone to do something" maybe you could dig up the FSF
page that explains the licence and gives advice on how best to comply.
Contact the seller to make him aware of the clear terms of the GPL and
any other licence you believe he is not respecting.

You could also ask him where he provides the source code for all this
software. There's pretty good chance he is not complying at all with that.

However, until you see him getting bids that are clearly in excess of a
reasonable fee I would not worry too much.

regards.