On 23.09.10 09:56, g...@catking.net wrote:
> On 09/23/10 06:53, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> > Wrong. Selling most open source software is perfectly legal, according
> > to the licenses
> @ Konstantin
> WRONG: selling the software is not allowed as you would see from the
> licence snip that you posted. A fee to cover the cost of distribution is
> permitted. Not the same thing.
> If this seller was showing a reasonable price for distribution of his CD
> that would seem ligit but it is hard to see how you can AUCTION a
> distribution fee.

Here's the GNU project's view on selling free software:

Of course, if it's not the project itself selling the software but a
non-associated third party auctioning off discs on ebay said project is
probably not gonna see a single cent of the earnings... :/

Kurt Bernhard Pruenner --- Haendelstrasse 17 --- 4020 Linz --- Austria
.......It might be written "Mindfuck", but it's spelt "L-A-I-N".......