On 11/08/2010 11:22 PM, Ofnuts wrote:
> I'm trying to have coexisting a locally built 2.7 and a packaged 2.6.8.
> 2.6.8 goes to /usr/bin and /usr/lib and 2.7 installs into /usr/local/lib
> and /usr/local/bin
> I start 2.7 via a shell that export LD_IBRARY_PATH and updates the PATH
> so tha the /usr/local stuff goes first.

Just a couple of tips:
  * Don't install into a prefix in a prefix, rather use /usr and /opt
  * You shouldn't need to set LD_IBRARY_PATH when you run (only when you
    ./configure) because built binaries will have library paths
    hardcoded in them through rpath [1], unless you disabled that.

  / Martin

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rpath_(linking)

My GIMP Blog:
"Nightly GIMP, GEGL, babl tarball builds"