On Fri, Oct 29, 1999 at 11:45:49AM +0200, Martin Treusch von Buttlar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> layers is not same even if I used the same font-specs. The height
> seems to depend on what letters I use. This is rather annoying.
> This means that I cannot position two different text on the same
> position in the image/layer, because layer moving is using the lefttop
> as an origin.

I donīt understand this conclusion.. Do you mean the "top" (or the
baseline) of the two text layers doesnīt match, or do you mean that the
baselines agree while the layers are sized differently?

> Is there a quick fix to this problem? Preferably something which
> resizes the textlayers of the same fontspec to the same height,
> ignoring the actual height of the letters?

Yes, you could use Gimp->text_get_extents to get the position of the
baseline, and the maximum size (measure XygjZ79 or something similar to be
sure ;) then you can resize the layer after it was created.

Donīt ask me for details, you have to play around a bit. (btw, if you
happen to write a sub like gimp_text_ext_iso (...) to do this I can
include it in Gimp::Util).