Thanks to all, but Tigert have GIF images of the original PPM. I dunno if
that means quality loss (original where 256 colors only?), and I am looking
for the PPM, not derivatives. In the files dir I saw a message saying that
they where under gimp stuff, but now are missing, only GIF avaliable.

Well, I got access to a site where I can install CVS and space for the full
tree, I will try to get them all that way. If I am allowed to keep CVS I
will get latest Gimp. I must think positive, otherwise it sound weird (s
full tree for less than 20 files). :]