>Anyway, it seems nobody has the time and energy to really work on the
>needed changes in script-fu to make it a viable programming environment.
>
> > More generally is it possible for script-fu scripts to introduce memory
> > leaks even tough scheme in itself is a garbage collected language?
>
>In script-fu it shouldn't be possible to enerate memory leaks, but a
>plug-in (like script-fu) can easily create memory lekas within the main
>gimp application. This is not easy to solve, and the question is wether
>it should be "solved" for all cases (I can think of a lot of cases where
>holding images inside the gimp for cahcing reasions makes a lot of sense,
>without them being actively referenced).
I think it is reasonable that plugins/scripts can create resources that are
outside the scope of the plugin/script itself.  The developer just needs to
be aware that's what is happening.  Ok so now I'm aware of it.  Cool.  Its
somewhat of an interesting issue.
christopher baus                Come down off the cross,
waiting for snow                we could use the wood.
in Tahoe, NV                    -- Tom Waits.