Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 22:36:05 -0500
   From: Jon Winters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   Robert L Krawitz wrote:

   > To the Editor of Popular Photography:
   >
   > In your article "Expanding the Palette" in the October 2000 issue, you
   > listed several software products available for image editing and
   > painting in a box on page 62.  I was disappointed not to see The GIMP
   > not included in this roundup.  <snip>

   In contrast, the October 2000 issue of Web Techniques magazine has a
   cover story titled "Tools of The Trade" where they interviewed
   developers and designers of some of the net's hottest web sites.  Here
   is what one developer had to say about the Gimp:

Web image editing is much lower resolution than photo editing/print
image creation.  More interesting for this purpose would be people who
use the Gimp for fine art or such.

--
Robert Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Project lead for The Gimp Print --  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net