Owen (Thursday, 24. March 2011)
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:54:08 +0200
> Michael Grosberg <grosberg.mich...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1. There are two folders, both with XML files: XML and SRC. I
> > understand XML is the one files are built from, and SRC is the
> > one GIT uses to fetch files. But how do the two interact? do I
> > copy files manually or is there some tool or script to update
> > one or the other? In other words what is the work process here?
> I am pretty sure this is all controlled by the Makefile. have a
> sqizz if you are happy reading that stuff
Yes, English is a special case (no po/pot files), the files are just
copied when you type e.g.
    'make html-en'
     'make xml-en'.

> > 2. UI screenshots: Do you have a preference for the theme used in
> > the screenshots? The wiki says screenshots should use the
> > "default theme" but is it the Gnome's or Ubuntu's default theme
> > I should be using? Gnome's default is Clearlooks, right?
> I am pretty sure what is meant here is that the "Default" is that
> set out in the preferences under themes,
> .../share/gimp/2.0/themes/Default

I think you are right. But IMO it's much more important which OS and
(under Linux) which desktop manager is used.
IMHO we should use distribution-independent (default) themes - e.g.
Gnome's default theme rather than Ubuntu's.

> > 3. I intend to replace the astronomy images used in the quickies
> > with images more representative of something a normal user would
> > use, everyday objects such as cars, animals, plants, tourist
> > attractions and if I find the right subjects, people. These are
> > good looking images I took myself, but I want to know if I need
> > to do anything rights-wise, you know, do I need to explicitly
> > release them under the GPL or CC or what have you, and if I do,
> > how do I do it.
> Too hard, Ulf or Roman may help here.

I wonder if we won't get a copyright problem if the images are
replaced... And even if not, shouldn't we show respect for the
original author?

Daß Götter stets nur in Menschengestalt kommen,
hat noch keinen Gläubigen nachdenklich gemacht.
                -- Karlheinz Deschner

Gimp-docs mailing list