On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 6:35 AM, john smith wrote:
> Often you see people say that the GIMP is too complicated and they are
> looking for a simpler alternative.

Which is perfectly fine.

> I think it would be a useful feature to have a tick box in the preferences
> that says "Simple Menus" and it hid all but the basic commands from the Menu
> Bar.

John, I hope you will agree that complexity of software isn't solely
defined by its menu structure and menu contents.

Users would still get tools with tons of settings to understand. And
all the filters that are preserved in the menu still have all the
settings that have to be understood as well. And the save/export
distinction will be preserved as well (which simpler apps don't
usually have).

Simpler software for image editing _really_ means a different approach
towards building user interaction. Crippling the menu would get you
maybe just 5% out of 100% there, and most likely in the wrong
direction.

Alex