On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 6:40 PM, john smith wrote:

> It is funny that you mention Save As/ Export as that was going to be
> my next email :)
> However, let's not get into that now!
> I have simplified all of the menus including the tools menu. The
> filters menu is another item that is not completely controlled by the
> XML though.
> Ideally I would remove most of them and leave just the most common ones
> behind.
> My goal is to have a version that is easy (easier?/clearer?) to use
> for people who are just trimming screenshots, cleaning up/rotating
> scanned receipts, removing red-eye etc.
> As long as most of the tools have useful defaults and they are named
> in an intuitive way, and the interface isn't full of overwhelming
> choices that you don't understand, I think it could become more
> approachable for new people.
> If this was a preference rather than editing XML people could
> gradually progress to more advanced editing.

I'm afraid I have to be blunt here :)

Please read this: http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_UI_Redesign#product_vision

You want GIMP to be something else. Moreoover, the use cases you
describe have already been covered by existing applications such as
Pinta (also free/libre application).

It's entirely possible to create a new app that will use GIMP's tech.
Case in point:

Or you can try to do what Seashore developer did to the original
GIMP's codebase:

Either way, you want a different kind of application.