On 02/16/2016 12:22 PM, staedtler-przyborski wrote:
Just a side note, interestingly all women in my work and in my
surrounding who have seen this icon loved it immediately, for them it
was also no problem to understand what it stands for.

Perhaps it's a matter of how large the icon is relative to the screen size. I didn't realize the blend tool icon was supposed to be a kitchen blender until the topic came up on this list. I assumed it was actually a roller paint brush and assumed the metaphor was smushing a lot of different colors together using a roller paint brush, which seemed a bit of a stretch (there's another icon that looks more like a roller paint brush).

A simple gradient like the old icon might work better than the kitchen blender icon. It could be a rectangular gradient instead of square.


Reply via email to