Hi - I was wondering if you managed to resolve this issue.  I have the same
problem - and I have an HP Probook4530s with a CORE i5 processor.  I am not
that clued up with computers or how they work so I need someone to hold my hand
through this process.  I also get the "The procedure entry point
libintl_snprintf could not be located in the dynamic link library intl.dll."
error when I try to start GIMP.
I went into System 32 files and found the intl.dll file - but what exactly must
I rename itto (as advised by the FAQ section).

And as I see in this post - it causes some other logon problem - and I dont
know what this means or what he is even talking about.  But whatever it is I
dont want it to do the same on my pc.

Can some kind person please walk me through the fix process step-by-step (like
you are talking to someone who is a real idiot).

Please - I do like GIMP and I am using it to make posters and images for my
classroom - so it will be great if someone can help me out....and the children
will have something better to look at than broken and cracked walls

>I just got started with GIMP2.6 but only after reading (and acting on the
>advice of) the following item in the FAQ list: > FAQ: I'm getting The
>procedure entry point libintl_snprintf could not be located in the dynamic
>link library intl.dll. when I try to run GIMP or use plug-ins. How do I fix
>it?>>         Some broken application placed a file named intl.dll to your
>Windows orWindows\System32 directory. Rename it, and GIMP will work fine. On
>my HP under Windows 7-32 it is true that GIMP2.6  was installed only when
>intl.dll was renamed and then it worked fine. However intl.dll in folder
>Windows\System32 was hardly placed there by some broken application. It is
>used by LoginUI.exe, the user interface for the logon screen! When intl.dll is
>restored to recover the use of that interface then GIMP2.6 ceases to function.
>Is there a better and safe way out of that predicament (which IMO should  then
>replace the unwise FAQ reply reproduced above)? Many thanks for any reply or
>for in
 dicating a way to search the archives of this mail list for some answers.

NoviceGimper (via gimpusers.com)