>On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:09:34 +0000, Rene Grognard wrote:

>> I simply cannot understand why GIMP does not look first  into its own
>> version in ProgramFiles\GIMP-2.0\bin which of course it finds once the
>> Windows version is renamed.

>Because the DLL search path in Windows is roughly "executable directory,
>Windows\System32, Windows, %PATH%". Unfortunately, GIMP's plug-ins are all
>individual executables, but they don't reside in the same directory as
>gimp.exe, and as such look for DLLs in the System32 directory before
>looking in GIMP's install dir.

The simple hack/solution is to copy intl.dll from the bin folder to the
plug-ins folder. For my installation, here are the two paths.

Copy from: C:\Program Files (x86)\GIMP-2.0\bin\intl.dll
Copy to:  C:\Program Files (x86)\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\intl.dll

I did this and didn't get the startup errors I was seeing before

--
urbite (via gimpusers.com)
*** Good shot, Pilot! - Parsec 2002