Daniel Smith <opened...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all.
> I'm switching from Gimp on Windows to a Mac.
> (It's an older one, a G5 tower with Leopard only,
> but it's nice to be back on a Mac again.)
> Before I just download and install without
> thinking, I thought I might ask anyone for
> advice they might give for the best install for mac,
> or perhaps any packages on mac that are better
> or features not available on Windows, etc?
> Thanks for any ideas.
> Daniel

Last time I used a Mac, the "GIMP on OS X" link from
http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/ seemed like the most user-friendly option
to me. Leopard and newer have X11 included, so it's only the one
download, and http://gimp.lisanet.de/Website/Photo_editing.html says
Resynthesizer etc. is included, so you get lots of plugins that you'd
have to download and install one by one on Windows[1].

If you want the 2.7 beta, I guess you'll have to compile / use MacPorts.

[1]  Of course, on Linux, it's even easier =P