On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Ken Springer <snowsh...@q.com> wrote:
> On 3/5/12 11:13 AM, Daniel Smith wrote:
>>
>> Hi all.
>> I'm switching from Gimp on Windows to a Mac.
>> (It's an older one, a G5 tower with Leopard only,
>> but it's nice to be back on a Mac again.)
>> Before I just download and install without
>> thinking, I thought I might ask anyone for
>> advice they might give for the best install for mac,
>> or perhaps any packages on mac that are better
>> or features not available on Windows, etc?
>> Thanks for any ideas.
>> Daniel
>

> I had problems getting it to run on this Mac, the 2nd time I installed it.
>  I got no help/solutions from this list, nor the Gimp on OS X (might not be
> quite the right name) website.
>
> The folks that solved it were on Apple's X11 mailing list.
>
> So, if you have trouble, and it looks like it might be X11, I'd think I'd go
> to the X11 mailing list first, and make sure X11 is getting installed
> correctly.
>
> --
> Ken
>
> Mac OS X 10.6.8
> Firefox 10.0.2
> Thunderbird 10.0.2
> LibreOffice 3.5.0 rc3

Actually you did get help. I even sent you a separate email asking if
you would be willing to test a beta built of 2.7.5.

Anyway, there is a thread on Gimpchat.com where you can check out the
current conversation on a beta build based on current carbon code in
2.7.5. Keep in mind that it does not have Mitch's blessings. :)