> Von: Thorsten Wilms <t...@freenet.de>

> On 06/21/2012 11:19 AM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
> >> Von: Ben Harrington-Ellsmore<adamantium...@hotmail.co.uk>

> I think you should read the original mail again. Hint: "system fonts not
> shown" is not the problem, but the desired outcome.

Ah, thanks for the hint. I have accidentally read a "not" into the original
mail, thus it became "to get Gimp to *not* only show fonts from the user/fonts

The configuration to check is the fonconfig settings then, for example the  the
global, system-wide fonts.conf file. It may contain references to the global
font directories, for example

(taken from http://www.freedesktop.org/software/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.html)

If you comment those out, then you can (and have to) add all font directories
in GIMP's settings, for example.