>>Suppose we have a standard QR code composed of hundreds of squares and
>>their hundreds of square corners. (e.g.,

>>How can I get Gimp to round all of the internal and external square
>>corners - let's say to a 10 pixel radius?

>>Thank you.

Oh, just to add to this... I realized that the result was outside corners were
rounded but inside corners were not.  So instead of "shrink x5, grow x5" do a
"shrink x5, grow x10, shrink x5" to get better results.  Continue as before
with everything else.

You will not that by creating a path from selection and then a selection from
path, you will get a smoother corner.  Otherwise I get a blocky corner.  There
may be some other manipulations to the path which could result better as well.

erroneus (via gimpusers.com)