I have created an animated gif with 30 Frames/Layers that runs in the 'Loop
Forever' option.

I now wish to convert this GIF to run in the 'Ping-Pong' option but cannot
figure how to do this without going through the whole ‘Extract Videorange’
process again as this is the only place that I can find that will allow me the
option of selecting 'Ping-Pong' when I’m selecting the short clip to create the
GIF from the original AVI.

I have tried opening the GIF in the main GIMP window, then selecting the
‘Video’ dropdown then ‘Move Path’. This will open a window for some GIFs, but
it wont recognise other GIFs as a valid source. Even when I can get this window
to open it gives multiple error messages and I can’t figure how to import the
GIF into it so that I can select the 'Ping-Pong' option in the ‘Step Mode’

I am using GIMP 2.6.11 as I haven’t upgraded to the new version yet.

Any help will be appreciated.

Lorgach (via gimpusers.com)