On 2012-10-21 21:26, Ofnuts wrote:
On 10/22/2012 03:08 AM, Lorgach wrote:
Hi All Yet Again,

When I discovered that the new version 2.8 of Gimp already has Python support
incorporated in it I decided to download and install Gimp 2.8 onto my PC.

I then tried to download the ‘mirror-layers.py’ file a few times
fromhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-tools/files/scripts/  as suggested but
kept just getting a page load of script on my screen, however I eventually
managed to get the ‘mirror-layers.py’ file to download to my hard drive.

I then copied this file into C:\Documents and Settings\Jim\gimp-2.8\plug-ins
but it does not show up when I open Gimp and select ‘Filters’ – ‘Python-fu’, I
only see an item called ‘Console’.

Any help would be appreciated.
As stated in http://gimp-tools.sourceforge.net/animationtools.shtml : "The script appears in the menus as |Image/Mirror layers| and has no parameters."
In the general case ... I have d/l'd a script/plugin and can't find it? ... go to Help - Plug-In Browser and enter some text you would expect to find in the name of the plug-in. In this case "mirror" would probably be enough. (I can't check exactly because I don't have this plug-in)

e.g. if I type "outline" one of the two hits is to script-fu-3d-outline-logo which I can see is to be found at <Image>/File/Create/Logos

Regards ... Alec   (buralex@gmail&  WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@skype)