Hi everyone,

I am a new user and this is my second day using GIMP. I am doing this
tutorial using GIMP in stead of photoshop.

The first day went slow because I usually don't use editing software like GIMP,
but today I encountered some difficulties I can't seem to solve.

My problem:

After I created a curved path, I make a text and let it follow the curved path
I just created. This goes well, but I want my text filled. To do this I try to
select my text using the 'path to selection' option I get after right clicking
the text-path in the toolbox. After I did this I get an outline of the text,
but it isn't a moving kind of selection (with Moving I mean the moving
outlines). The outline of the selection is static. Since I have the static
outlines, i am unable to fill the text using the bucket feature (it gives a
circle with a line through it).

I succeeded in filling the text-paths of two other images so I am wondering
what I am doing wrong. I watched multiple tutorial video's on the making of a
curved text and I am doing everything just fine. The only difference is that
they have a moving outline and my outline is static. What could be the cause of
this? If more information is needed, I'll gladly give it. I am using GIMP 2.8.2

Thanks for the help!

lost_shinigami (via gimpusers.com)