Hi, i switched gimp 2.6 to 2.8 and new text tool behaves strangely, as i
remember in gimp 2.6 when i try to change text content with selecting old text
and pasting new text i could use same text size and same font with my old text
without doing anything but now in the gim 2.8 whenever i try to change content
of a text layer i need to choose again font and text size from toolbox options,
but why do i have to do this, i have a text placed on my image with a certain
font and certain font size and i just want to alter my text conten not the size
of text or font , it changes automatically to back text size and font whatever
i used last  time in another work.

summary: i want to change my text content without setting my font and font size
properties, i want to use my text layers old properties, please give the
feature back...

--
realbezo (via gimpusers.com)