Thanks a lot for the sugestions guys, I'll probably keep pluging away at trying
to get some working code as time permits as I'm interested in learning Python.
I was hoping that I'd be able to easily modify some script so that I could maybe
build two working plug-ins that would speed up the editing of Gifs for me.
Ofnuts ... I use your 'Mirror Layers' plug-in and find it a great help. It was
this script that I was hoping to be able to modify so that I could build both a
'Delete Every 2nd Layer' and also a 'Delete All Layers from a specific one'
plug-ins which would give me a nice editing suite along with the 'Mirror Layers'
for editing Gifs that are processed from videos as there's usually a lot more
frames downloaded than are necessary.
I have tried out the 'AnimStack' plugin but found that it dosen't perform the
Delete functions very well or else I'm just not using it correctly.

Thanks again for your help.
Jim

--
Lorgach (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)