On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Pietro Calogero
<pie...@urbanpolicy.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need to revert to GIMP version 2.6. Please tell me the proper BASH
> commands to do this in an Ubuntu system.
>
> Evidently I am not the "power-user" type for whom the GIMP team designed
> their 2.8 version.
> I only have about 20,000 photos, and I need to revise the JPGs or preferably
> work with PNGs.
> I tried resetting the <ctrl><S> keybinding to "overwrite," but even so,
> every time I close a file (about 25 x/day) it warns me that I have unsaved
> changes--because the GIMP PolitBuro has decided that only XCF is worthy, not
> my miserable uncompressed PNG (which is what I can use for my academic
> presentations. Default image viewers in Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu don't read
> the XCF format).
>
> So I need to revert to version 2.6 in a responsible way (repositories,
> dependencies, etc) while I wait for a fork to emerge so that I can switch to
> a full-featured raster editor designed by a less-condescending team of
> developers.
>
> Pietro

'Politburo' and 'less-condescending' as descriptions of the devs who
wrote this software which you're using, of your own free will, for
free.

And you expect some help? Go troll some Ubuntu boards, this question
is more suitable there. Your technical expertise (tell me the proper
BASH commands, really?) level is also more suitable for there, with
there being ubuntuforums.org.