On Fri, 2012-11-23 at 18:38 -0800, Pietro Calogero wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need to revert to GIMP version 2.6. Please tell me the proper BASH
> commands to do this in an Ubuntu system.
> I only have about 20,000 photos, and I need to revise the JPGs or
> preferably work with PNGs.

For 20,000 images I'd recommend learning ImageMagick and doing batch
processing. For research in graphics you could also investigate nips2.

Bash is not an acronym, by the way, and does not need to be in capital

You could also use control-shift-e in gimp instead of control-shift-s
(save as), and it's really about the same number of keystrokes.

It would probably be condescending of me to tell you where to get a
script that reverts to the older behaviour, more or less, or to warn you
how unwise it is to use such a script, so I won't do that part :-)