Am Dienstag, 22. Januar 2013, 15:50:57 schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:
> > Yet, I already have text in my original image (and, for that matter,
> > rendering this text so that it looks the way it does now was quite an
> > effort and the main reason for me to use Gimp for that, in the first
> > place). The "highlight" layer, so, will have to be sort of a "by-color"
> > selection taken from the composite image (text and background picture).
> > That's what so far kept me from looking into other alternatives as Gimp
> > seems best at doing right this...
>
> Excuse me, but what is the question? :)

Ah, sorry. Wrote too much. :/ I need he "highlight" layer to not contain text
(or "highlighted" text) but rather some selection of the image having the same
color that should be emphasized in print. Imagine "grey clouds" that should be
"silver clouds" when printed...

To do so, my idea would be to store two images ("background" containing the
full image, "highlight" just containing the selection that should be in the
highlight color layer), convert "background" to CMYK and use scribus to merge
these two into one PDF 1.5 output. Would that work?

Thanks again and all the best,
Kristian