On 02/03/2013 04:22 PM, DaviesMediaDesign wrote:
>> nice video! and well explained too ;) why do you prefer gimp 2.6 over
>> 2.8?
>
> Thanks for checking it out! There are certain functions in 2.6 that I find
> more
> fluent in my opinion- like the text editing, image scaling, and some of the
> other manipulation features. Perhaps I'm just used to the 2.6 interface.

Initially the new sliders (i.e. layer opacity adjustment, etc) were
puzzling to me.  Then I had my "well duh!" moment when someone
on-list mentioned that the coarse adjustment function is active with
the cursor in the top half of the slider area, the fine adjustment
function in the bottom half.

The on-canvas text editor gave me cat fits, until I started playing
with it in new empty images just to figure it out.  Now I am
starting to like it a lot better than the gadget it replaces.

I lost "on the fly" brush editing via an always-open brush editor
window, but regained it via the tool options tab and a couple of
user set keyboard accelerators.

Full screen mode was not as bad as I expected, but it's just not for
me.  So far every snag I have hit in GIMP 2.8 turns out to be either
something the improved or something that moved to a more logical
location.

:o)

Steve