On 02/04/2013 04:53 PM, DaviesMediaDesign wrote:

> Yeah 2.8 is still a good program but I just got way too accustomed/attached to
> the way everything is laid out in 2.6. If they came out with a version of Gimp
> that incorporated properties found in Illustrator, like scalable vector
> graphics, I would make the switch.

This sounds like a job for... Inkscape!

Depending on the kind of work you do - and especially if you have
found Illustrator useful - it might be very beneficial to have both
Inkscape and the GIMP installed.  Relatively speaking, Inkscape's
bitmap editing capabilities and the GIMP's vector editing
capabilities are "rudimentary."