On 04/21/2013 05:58 PM, Anime Dude wrote:
> When using command line gimp, is it possible to use *.jpg as the
> file name to have it process ALL the JPEG files in a folder? I'm
> really actually interested in a simple file format conversion with
> no image processing applied, specifically svg2png conversion. I know
> Gimp can render svg and can save png, and unlike the next best
> program ImageMagick, the Gimp actually DOES NOT GLITCH the resulting
> image! So I've got a folder FULL OF SVG FILES, and would like to be
> able to just type "gimp convert -i *.svg -outputformat png" and have
> have it AUTOMATICALLY convert all my svg files to png files. Is it
> possible to do this with such a simple and short command line? I
> know the above exact example command line doesn't work, cause I
> tried it. But is there some simillarly simple command line code I
> could use with gimp to convert svg to png via rendering the svg and
> then saving the image as a png?

"There's an app for that."  :o)

Imagemagick is a Swiss Army Knife for doing operations on image
files from the terminal, including format conversions.  I use this
batch script, with file format extensions changed as necessary, for
batch conversions:

#!/bin/sh
# svg to png is only an example, change as needed
for f in *.svg;
do
echo "converting $f"
convert "$f" "${f%.svg}.png"
done

Save the above text in a plaintext file, give it a name with a .sh
extension and make it executable.  Copy it to the directory your
target files live in, run it with ./script-name.sh and watch the fun.

The above should work on any UNIX-like OS.  According to the
Sourceforge page, a package for Microsoft is also available.

:o)

Steve