I haven't been able to figure out how to share this message with the GIMP
developers more directly, so maybe some people here can help spread this
message?

http://blog.flickr.net/en/2013/05/03/modern-day-salvador-dali/

I'm an amateur photographer and photo artist. I make almost no money at my
data entry job, and just have a point-and-shoot camera and GIMP.

For the past two years I've been using and experimenting with GIMP, and for
the past year or so it's been my only graphics manipulation software. I
completely believe in the Open Source programming philosophy and the
amazing work everyone who helps out with GIMP is doing.

This past Friday, March 3rd, the Flickr Blog and Yahoo! Studios posted a
three minute video of the work I've been doing with GIMP, which you can get
to at the link above. I thought people who were instrumental with the
creation of GIMP might want to know about that success.

I'm frequently asked if I use photoshop in my images, and I'm proud to tell
people, "Not anymore. GIMP is my go-to software of choice."

Thank you so much, all of you, for all you do to make this such an amazing
and powerful and easily accessible piece of software. You are the best!!

If anyone knows how I can more directly reach the developers and promoters
of this software I'd love to let them know. Thanks for your help with this.

yours in peace and inspiration,
-=-
Garth Hill
Photomaginarium at Flickr