Hi Garth,

I think most devs read the user mailing list (this one). There is also
a GIMP developer list (
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list ). Yet in
your case though, the user ml is better suited. So you did well. I
don't think we really want to make it a habit to have the dev list
used for user promotion.

At least if your goal is just to say thank you, you are welcome, and I
think you are already in the right place. :-)
If your goal here is rather to spread the self-promotion, the user
mailing list is ok for this too, I'd say.

Note that as far as I know, we don't have an official promotional
team, or at least it is not about generic GIMP user promotion (see
gimp.org to see what kind of news are published by the dev team).
Though, there are a bunch of interesting media. For instance you might
want to contact GIMP magazine (gimpmagazine.org/), Libre Graphics
World (libregraphicsworld.org), Libre Graphics Mag
(libregraphicsmag.com/), and whatever other computer graphics
publication. :-)
Have fun!