I would leave the tifs alone as your original/base files, and only convert
to xcf as you need for processing them. No need to double your disk usage
just to have them ahead of time (it will happen as you touch them anyway,
assuming you save them as xcf after processing)...

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr

List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org