On 07/27/2013 03:17 PM, Brendan Scott wrote:
I am having another try at this.

I often find myself switching back and forth between the erase tool and the paintbrush tool. This involves a fair bit of hunting in the toolbox - if I have no eraser preset set - or a little less hunting - if I have a preset set - each time I switch tools.

I would like it if changing to erase mode was as easy as choosing an "erase" color from the color palette (or color tool).

My use case is with a tablet and no keyboard.

For my motivation, see earlier posts.

Edit/Preferences toolbox lets you order tools in the Tool palette, so you can set the tools you use often on the top row or wherever they are easy to find.