On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:25 PM, FallenLegend <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> Hello there!
> You make some great points as of now I just posted on deviantart to promote
> your
> crowdfunding and also contacted gizmodo spain/usa and UK  to see if they are
> willing to help spread the word!.I will do my best.

Thanks for this.

> Keep in mind though that "open funding" is not as popular as let's say
> lifehacker is so it might hurt earnings a bit. But I am hopeful that you will
> be
> succesful.

I am aware of this. This is a pretty new platform.
My reasons are that I don't like too much too much centralization,
like everyone using the same services. Also OpenFunding is for Free
Software, so philosophically they are closer to what I do. Finally I
like to give outsiders their chances.
If everyone was just acting only on what is best for himself "now",
well it will bite them later on, when the only companies are the big
ones and choice does not exist anymore.

Of course, if really it was to "hurt" me to do so, I am not masochist,
and in a next crowdfunding attempt, I may go for a more common
platform (a little sad, but I can't kill myself just to be nice to
someone else). But if the only consequence is to get me slightly less
fund (but I still reach my objective), well that's good enough for me.

> I was all for a "big do all proyect"  as people are more willing to give money
> for those ( I have seen proyects collecting millions for those. But I think
> that
> your approach of testing the waters first is completely justifiable.

Yes I have seen projects collecting huge amount of money. But even
though some actually went somewhere, I also saw many like "disappear"
in nature. I don't say that they had the intent at the beginning, but
maybe they realized the project was too complicated to succeed, or
they got bored of the project, or whatever. But whichever the reason,
the result is same: no deliverables, but still everyone paid. And
there are also a few cases of Free Software who did it (I won't name,
but I'm sure we all have a few names in our head).
That's really uncool.

> I will try to contact other news networks and forums to spread the word
> tommorow:)
> You have all my support  and good luck!.

Cool. Thanks!