akovia (akov...@eml.cc) wrote:
> 1. Can't add intermediate nodes.
>
> There are times when I'll go to add a node between existing nodes and
> it won't allow me to do so. I have to walk the path until I can find a
> spot will it will let me and delete all the nodes to that point and
> build the path again. The last time this happened I had copied a path
> from a different gimp image and pasted it into my new drawing. I'm not
> sure if this always follows a paste operation or not, but will try to
> troubleshoot it further the next time it happens.

Make sure the path is "connected" to the path tool, e.g. by
doubleclicking the path in the path dialog.

I designed the path tool to "usually" stay in Design mode. Then you can
use Control to temporarily switch to Edit mode. Edit-mode on-top of a
path segement should show a small "+" at the mouse cursor, clicking will
result in adding a node at this point.

Control+Shift will be Edit-Mode plus "subtract/remove" - i.e.
ctrl-shift-clicking on top of a node will remove it, ctrl-shift-clicking
on a segment will open up the path by removing the segment.

> 2. Node selection precision.

No idea about that one. I don't think I've seen that.

> 3. Path strokes.
>
> Quite often on big complicated paths  that I try to stroke, there will
> be a few sharp angles that won't protrude out to a point and will just
> look like it was cut off.

Do you stroke with a tool? Or by "stroke line"? with which options? For
the Mitre-Join the Mitre-Limit determines the amount of "allowed
protrusion".

Can you provide screenshots of the problematic results?

Thanks,
        Simon

--
              si...@budig.de              http://simon.budig.de/